Profile of Ms. Sharon Fernandes
PROFILE A very gifted professional with an extensive background in developing, conducting and supervising training programs for adults using blended learning concepts, including stand-up, one-on-one and online training
- Evaluate, coordinate, design, and deliver a comprehensive range of training and education programs
- Sound training and facilitation skills
- Ability to determine training objectives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of groups
- Good organizing and coordinating skills
- Excellent ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula and methodology.
HERO MINDMINE INSTITUTE LTD.
Training Lead May 2007 till Dec 2009
HMIL, part of the Hero group, is India’s largest organization imparting ITES & Non ITES training
Overall training responsibility for the Pune region
- Training Initiatives
- Soft skills program delivery
- Behavioral program delivery
- Communication program delivery
- Structuring and creating content for programs
- Programs conducted and developed content for
- Train the Trainer
- Train voice coaches
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Supervisory skills
- International Business Sensibility
- Making Effective Presentations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Goal Setting and Innovation
- Effective Communication Skills
- The art of effective feedback
- Business Development
- Analise training needs for various clients around Mumbai and Pune.
- Liaise with the business development team on client negotiations
- Promote the company to new clients
- People Development
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer workshops across Hero Mind mine centers
- Lead a team of trainers, be responsible for trainer deployment and their KRAs
- Trainer evaluation and monitoring
- Devise mentoring and coaching programs for trainers
B. Vijay Retail Ventures P. Ltd. (A B. Vijaykumar Group Venture)
General Manager - Merchandising January 2006 to April 2007
Overall merchandising responsibility for the retail chain of stores Hoop
- Market Analysis
- Analyse current trends in the jewellery market
- Find niche areas of demand which the organisation could cater to
- Attempt to find nascent / evolving trends in the market
- Design Management
- Based on analysis above, develop new designs for jewellery
- Project feasibility / profitability of such designs and based on feasibility, commission the same
- Analise demand for designs vis a vis projections
- Inventory Management
- Develop inventory stocking levels for various designs based on demand projections at various stores
- Ensure that inventory levels are at maintained at plan levels
- Revise inventory levels of designs in the light of actual demand for the same
- Develop inventory training modules for the sales staff
- Conduct training both for the sales staff and in house personnel
- Devise on going training programs that ensure performance efficacy for the staff
HERO MINDMINE INSTITUTE LTD.
Trainer January 2005 to January 2006
HMIL, part of the Hero group, is India’s largest organization imparting ITES & Non ITES training.
- Speech and Language
- Voice coaching
- Cross Cultural Sensitivity
- Business writing
- Business Development
- Conducted several pilot batches, which was led to extended relationships with new clients
- Participated in client meetings, efforts resulted in the successful procurement of new clients
- Made presentations to clients on various modules that were provided by HMIL.
PACIFIC NORTHERN, Dallas – TX
Business Coordinator January 2000 to May 2004
Pacific Northern is the largest manufacturer and marketer of custom made jewelry displays in the United States of America.
- Client Relationship Management
- Regular Liaison with Clients
- Understood the client’s display requirements and design requirements and translated them into actionable and precise inputs for the Design team.
- Clients handled included Sears, Zale Corp., AAFES, Bulova, Charles Colvard, Ulta, Star Diamond, Fabrikant, Fred Meyers, and Frederick Goldman.
- Logistics Management
- Tracked client orders right from the Order Stage to Shipment and Delivery
- Managed Inventory
- Managed Display Prototypes
- Coordinated with the various departments of the organization to ensure synergy in the final product presented to the client.
- Management Information Systems
- Sales Information Management – sales reports, open order reports, popular item reports, inventory reports.
- Managing data on A Plus, an AS400 database.
Gemological Orientation & Development Society (GODS), India
Department Head-Diamond Grading 1991– 1996
Founder member of GODS – an Institute set up to train and nurture professionals in the area of Jewelry & Gems.
- Conducted 10-15 lectures and 10 labs a week for each program, Average class size of 10-15 students
- Ran a Gem Testing Lab & Gem Consulting Service for business and individual clients
- Administrative duties, program and class scheduling, personnel management.
EDUCATION & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Nowrosjee Wadia College – Pune, INDIA 1987-1990
- Fergusson College – Pune, INDIA 1988-1989
- Gemological Institute of America – California 1999-2000
Selected in 1992 (6 month program) to be one of 10 people (and the only woman) from across India to train with Michaelangelo Thevanayagam, a highly qualified and experienced diamond manufacturer. Learnt the practical aspects of diamond manufacturing – planning the yield, bruting, polishing of the crown and pavilion facets. Specialized in the Q.C. of the make of the diamond (how to recognize and distinguish a well cut stone). This program honed my skills as a Diamond Grader.
ACHIEVEMENTS & RECOGNITION
- Trained over 5000 personnel including senior management and trainers
- Achieved over 90% on client feedback at every training session conducted thus far.
- Developed Train the Trainer programs used exclusively at HMIL centers across India
- Successfully launched Hoop a brand of jewelry in India
- Featured in the Femina and G & J for excellence in the jewelry field.
- Wrote several articles on gold & jewelry for the Indian Express & Times of India – two of India’s leading newspaper dailies & special issues of Femina.
- Successfully managed my independent business venture, BIJOU, which saw an annualized average growth rate of over 50%.